Meet Dr. Travis Barr
About me and Why I do dentistry.
When I tell people about how much I enjoy my work as a dentist, I get a lot of looks of surprise. But I find enormous satisfaction in what I do. It’s not just the intriguing technical, surgical, and scientific aspects of dentistry that I love; more importantly, it’s the unique personal relationships I experience every day. Because dentistry really is incredibly personal. My patients place a lot of trust in me, and I work every day to live up to that trust, and to make them feel as comfortable, safe, and well-informed as I possibly can.
So it’s not just about your teeth—it’s also about who you are and how you feel when you’re in my chair. Every patient has different needs, preferences, goals, and concerns, and every treatment plan needs to address those differences. I work to treat the whole person, and that means making my patient’s full partners in decisions about their care, providing them with the best possible information on all the treatment options that are available, and listening carefully to their questions and their concerns so that they feel fully vested in the process and the outcomes. I want my patients to have the best possible dental care, and good outcomes depend not just on my skills and tools like a dentist, but also on how well I communicate with and listen to my patients.
My roots are in Northern Colorado, and my wife, a teacher at Conifer High School, grew up on the Western Slope. Both of us are proud to serve the state we love, and our two young boys and a new little girl fill our lives with noise and laughter. When we’re not working, you’ll find us doing what we love most: spending time together and taking advantage of all the things this great state has to offer—camping, fishing, hiking, biking, playing sports, or cheering on our home teams.
Dr. Travis Barr
Credentials & Certifications
- Inter-Canyon Fire Protection District Volunteer
- DDS: University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine 2016
- Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Certificate of Merit Award
- International Congress of Oral Implantologist Pre-Doctoral Student Achievement Award
- American Associations of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Dental Implant Award
- Member: American Dental Association, Colorado Dental Associations, Metro Denver Dental Society
- Engineer-in-training (EIT) certificate State of Colorado 2012
- BS: Biochemistry, University of Northern Colorado 2006